Located in the quiet and leaf North Harbour Reserve precinct of Balgowlah, 2 Boyle Street is on the edge of the Manly – a short walk to Fairlight Beach and in close proximity to the shops, cafes and restaurants of Stockland Balgowlah.
Weir Phillips Architects were appointed to lead the restoration of this historic property with a brief to restore and upgrade the property to its original purpose as a grand single residence.
The house was built as a grand mansion in 1902 on a parcel of land in excess of 4 acres of land together with a coach house and servants quarters. The land had been sub divided over the years and the house converted to a private hospital and boarding school.
When Moorgate acquired the property in 2015, the house was in extremely poor condition and the land parcel 1,600sqm. With a Heritage listing in place the property was comprehensively restored and upgraded to be compatible with the lifestyle requirements of the 21st Century. Despite the heritage and complex construction methodologies required, an excellent outcome was achieved which provided the form and function for modern living, whilst respectful of its’ history and heritage status.
Level 3, Suite 2
27 Belgrave Street,
Manly, NSW, 2095
T: 1300 320 476
© 2021 Moorgate.